Re: Shell vs. Menus for 2.18

On Tue, February 20, 2007 11:55 pm, Thomas Wood wrote:
> Frederic Crozat wrote:
>> Le mercredi 14 février 2007 à 23:39 +0100, Vincent Untz a écrit :
>>> (adding gnome-doc-list to cc)

>>> Sounds okay to me, assuming you mean 2.16 ;-) Please keep it easily
>>> possible to use only the shell (ie, hide the shell and show the folders
>>> by default). I can commit the gnome-menus changes for this.
>>>
>>> Approval 1/2.
>>
>> Approval 2/2 but maybe we could let the shell visible too and see people
>> reactions (but I agree, having two ways of doing things is not really
>> nice).
>>

> Just to let everyone know, this change has now been made. The menu
> system will be the default method of accessing control center
> applications in the 2.18 release. It is be possible to switch to a
> single control center shell option by using the Alacarte menu editor.

I do not know if anyone mentioned this before, but this change will
invalidate some substantial changes that have been made to the GNOME user
guide in expectation that the Control Center would be used. Just a heads
up. I have no idea if anyone is available to work on making the
documentation valid again.

Matt
--
http://www.mdke.org