Re: Shell vs. Menus for 2.18

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 10:51 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 22:22 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> [...]
> > as talked on #control-center, I am ok with reverting to the old menu,
> > but let's try to come up with fixes for the issues, and if we can't,
> > let's revert before the final 2.18.0, ok?
>
> How close are we going to wait before making a decision? With 2.17.91
> out, we still have these accessibility and usability problems. As Rodney
> said last night, the whole flow mechanism for tiles in libslab needs to
> basically be re-worked. Can we really do this while we are supposed to
> be nearing hard code freeze?

I was thinking about waiting until the hard code freeze, which is March
5th. That gives us a few weeks to come up with solutions for all the
problems (or at least the most important ones). When we get to the hard
code freeze, if they are not solved, we revert back. Does this sound ok?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>