Re: Shell vs. Menus for 2.18

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 22:22 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
[...]
as talked on #control-center, I am ok with reverting to the old menu,
but let's try to come up with fixes for the issues, and if we can't,
let's revert before the final 2.18.0, ok?

How close are we going to wait before making a decision? With 2.17.91 out, we still have these accessibility and usability problems. As Rodney said last night, the whole flow mechanism for tiles in libslab needs to basically be re-worked. Can we really do this while we are supposed to be nearing hard code freeze?

I'm afraid we're running out of time and need to make a decision now. I am going to say we need to use the menu system by default for 2.18. There will always be the option for people to use the shell if they want, which should be easier with all the categorisation work that's been done.

In short, +1 for menus in 2.18.

Regards,

Thomas