Re: Shell vs. Menus for 2.18

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 14:14 +0100, Denis Washington wrote:
> Looking at the current state of the new control center shell on the one
> hand and the near release date of 2.18 on the other, I think you're
> right. The shell (libslab) still needs some serious tweaking, and we
> probably don't have the time to do all the work until march. So yes, it
> may be best to delay the default usage of the shell to GNOME 2.20 to
> assure quality.

Agreed.  libslab may be a nice idea but the current code from Novell
smells like a code drop (I wouldn't use SLED if they didn't have more
fixes).  Keep the code there for people to use if they want, but don't
have it enabled by default.  Interested people can use it, and hopefully
fix it, for 2.20.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./