Re: MOTD in g-s-d

2007-11-20 klockan 18:13 skrev Matthias Clasen:
> On Nov 20, 2007 8:03 AM, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> wrote:
> > Does that solve everyone's worries?
>
> I still think its a useless legacy, and if motd ever changes, it will
> only serve to confuse users.
> But our Fedora motd is empty, so I won't complain any more if you care
> deeply about this.

On Debian-based systems the /etc/motd file contains the kernel version and
(optionally) some additional information. Pretty useless information to see
on login.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

i was alone :: falling free :: trying my best not to forget       -- placebo