Re: Appearance Capplet Ideas

On 8 Apr 2007, at 16:40, Jens Granseuer wrote:

[...]
1) putting the metatheme stuff above everything else implies that
saving/choosing a theme there also includes settings like fonts,
background, menus & toolbars which it (usually) does not (and
should not).

Why not?

2) the metatheme selection seems like a much more natural entry
point for new users; it does have the disadvantage that it probably
won't be used much afterwards, though. It looks like we can't
have both.

I think metathemes are a nice way of creating, distributing and
choosing a set of appearance settings. I don't think this is "new user"
only functionality.

Regards,

Thomas