Re: Preferred Applications applet roadmap

On Thu, 2006-09-14 at 11:33 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le mardi 05 septembre 2006 à 22:32 +0200, Luca Cavalli a écrit :
>
> > What do you think about this further change at the light of the future
> > applets merging? This should let us extend the applet easily (just
> > create a new widget instance, filling it with some .desktop files and a
> > couple of gconf entries lists). We will also be able to handle new apps
> > without any effort, given that they will provide an appropriate .desktop
> > file.
>
> Hi,
>
> That looks like a good plan. Do you plan to list some other preferred
> applications too for next cyle (like "music player", "video player",
> etc)?

yeah, we should look at what apps other apps launch and add them to the
preferred apps capplet. Anything apart from:

- music player
- video player
- photo management (gnome-volume-manager could use it)
- video editor (g-v-m)

?

I guess g-v-properties could just get the default app from the capplet
and offer also the option to enter a command, as it does now.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>