Re: File Transfer Dialog

Calum Benson wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 17:31 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:
>> Sebastien Bacher wrote:
>>> Le mercredi 23 ao�06 �8:47 +0100, Thomas Wood a �it :

>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> I don't think we need to mention the directory, no
>> I had a little go at just removing the To: and From: fields, as the
>> probably aren't relevant when installing themes. The filename is still
>> visible since there is another label below the progress bar. I don't
>> think it looks ideal, so I've attached a screenshot for comments.
>
> Just a bit heavy on the use of "Copying" I think :)

Yeah, what I thought too :-)

> Couldn't the primary text just be "Copying <filename>" (or even
> "Installing <filename>", as the user asked to install a theme, not copy
> one)?  Then you could just as well do away with the progress bar text
> and the label below it altogether, it doesn't really add any
> information.

The window doesn't actually show the progress of installing the theme,
only copying the tarball from one place to a temporary location (which
was the original reason the destination string needed removing).

However, I think "Copying <filename>" is much better, plus we don't need
the other redundant info. I doubt the current code could actually handle
more than one file at once.

I also wondered whether it would be good idea to set a minimum width for
this dialog. Does the HIG say anything about dialog sizes? It seems a
bit silly to have a dialog as small as this can be.

-Thomas