Re: Control Center Shell and libslab

sorry for the delay in asnwering, I've been away from the computer a few
days.

On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 17:37 -0700, Scott Reeves wrote:
> > "Scott Reeves" <sreeves novell com> 11/29/06 12:42 AM >>>
> >snip...
> >Context menu – there are two problems with the context menu that need to be solved...
> > snip...
>
> Here are the sets of gconf keys that libslab, as exercised by the control-center, uses.  Most already do but we need to make sure that for all of them, libslab has appropriate fallback behavior if the key is not set and if the value of the key does not exist.  All these keys are currently installed by gnome-main-menu
>
> The first set of keys needs to be moved to be installed by g-c-c/shell in something like /apps/libslab/control-center-shell/*.  Suggestions?

/apps/libslab (without the control-center bit) would be better, much
shorter. Also, we need to change the slab acronym, so what about just
using control-center? I can't think of a better name, although it
doesn't really describe what libslab is. So, another option is to just
use the same prefix that is used in libgnome/ui, and have a section
there for $slab (whatever we call it)

> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/cc_actions_list
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/cc_exit_shell_on_static_action
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/cc_exit_shell_on_action_start
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/cc_exit_shell_on_action_help
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/cc_exit_shell_on_action_add_remove
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/cc_exit_shell_on_action_upgrade_uninstall
>

> This next set would ideally be logically managed by an external entity (like preferred applications) but is not currently, so libslab should temporarily manage those keys rather than just have reduced functionality.  They need to be installed by libslab in something like /apps/libslab

I would take the chance to move it to the preferred applications
capplet. Luca, what do you think?

> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/uninstall_package_command
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/upgrade_package_command
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/file-area/global_startup_dir
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/file-area/user_startup_dir
>

> Finally this key is installed by gnome-main-menu (provides the “add to favorites”) and we just need to handle the case of it not set.
> desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/file-area/user_specified_apps

this makes sense in /apps/gnome-main-menu
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo novell com>