Re: Control Center Shell and libslab

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 14:02 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > [...]
> > This next set would ideally be logically managed by an external
> entity (like preferred applications) but is not currently, so libslab
> should temporarily manage those keys rather than just have reduced
> functionality.  They need to be installed by libslab in something
> like /apps/libslab
> >
> I would take the chance to move it to the preferred applications
> capplet. Luca, what do you think?
>
> > desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/uninstall_package_command
> > desktop/gnome/applications/main-menu/upgrade_package_command
> > [...]

If those two keys are handled by the user we can add them to preferred
applications (or maybe we can manage them in a preferences dialog added
to the new cc shell). But if those keys are more "configuration" keys
than "selection" keys (a distro usually has only one default package
manager, users will not going to change it) and they are handled by
people behind our beloved distro, I think we can keep them gui-less.
Just my two cents :)
Ciao,

Luca