Re: xscreensaver capplet.

On 26 Jul 2001 14:49:35 -0700, Jamie Zawinski wrote:
> Chema Celorio wrote:
> >
> > Ok, so lets start with a list of items that we don't agree with, then we
> > can discuss each one of them.
> >
> > - Wether to use or not use a preview window
>
> Well, I've gone into a lot of detail about what I think about that.
> I haven't heard your rebuttal.

I wanted to know first what we agree on and what needs to be discused.

> So let's add that to the list for future improvements, but deal with
> it *after* the problem of there being multiple configurators is
> resolved.

agree

> > Can you take a look at the the GUI we have now and comment on what
you
> > don't agree with.
>
> I would love to.

> Where do I find x86 RPMs that I can load onto a system that is
> Red Hat 7.0 plus recent Red Carpet updates?

We will push the new control center preview thru red-carpet soon.

> I have never had any luck building beta GNOME stuff from source,
> so if you don't have binaries, can you show me screenshots instead?

This is how the new capplet looks :
http://www.gnome.org/~chema/screensaver.png
This is how the new gnomecc looks :
http://www.gnome.org/~chema/new-control-center.png