Re: xscreensaver capplet.

Ok, so lets start with a list of items that we don't agree with, then we
can discuss each one of them.

- Wether to use or not use a preview window
- GUI, remove most config options (in the simple mode)

About us using the xscreensaver backend, seems like the way to go rather
than shipping a list of hacks.

Another thing that we would like to do is beeing able to select the list
of screensavers to choose from. I believe the list is too long right now
and there is a lot of duplication and some screensavers that are
not-that-great.

> I have no idea, because I don't know what your archiver is, or what
> you mean by "location management."  Can you explain?

It is a tool of managing different configurations. So you can have a
"setup" for each location that you work on. This is usefull mostly in
laptops, when you change locations say from home to the office your IP,
DNS and printer might change.

http://www.gnome.org/~chema/location_management.png

Since you are using libcapplet this will not be a problem tho.

Can you take a look at the the GUI we have now and comment on what you
don't agree with. Those are the options we think the user should be
presented with, the desing can be a little bit better. We are going to
release 1.5.2 pretty soon and tarballs will be available from
ftp.gnome.org. Please note that the current control center is depending
on new libraries.

regards,
Chema