Re: location management vs. session management

On 01 Aug 2001 16:42:24 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Bradford Hovinen <hovinen ximian com> writes:
> > I can see your points here.
> >
> > I know very little of the SM spec. Can you fill me in on what is
> > required for an application to support it? I want to make sure I
> > understand everything.
> >

> For saving per-session settings, it's just a matter of prefixing
> config keys with the session ID. Call gnome_client_get_id(); this
> returns a string which uniquely identifies the current session.
> Then get that string involved somehow in the name of your config
> keys. Easy as that.

Ah, then it's easy. Only trivial changes are required to the archiver
moniker to make it support multisession.

--
-Bradford Hovinen

We are most probably here for local information-gathering and
local-Universe problem-solving in support of the integrity of
eternally regenerative Universe.

   -- R. Buckminster Fuller