RE: An Idea

On 21-May-99 Glenn Bautista Jr. wrote:
>     And You can have indexes of all the help topics and stuff....
> and
> you'll have a consistent feel for all of the help stuff etc. and it
> would all be themeable or something.

OH YES! Please I am looking for this till I know computers.
I have so many *.html, emails, news, little scripts, man, howtos
in short terms: Information, I can't get an overview.
(I know: a good structured Directory-Tree is all I need, but
so I have to storage all I have on CDROM, too, in this tree).

OK, I can buy a very big harddrive, install an ORACLE-DB, but
I dont think this is the right mechanism.

What I need is an indexing-mechanism (Harvest?), that track
ASCII/PDF/PS/Scans in GIF/Objects etc. and when I look for a
trick, that is somewhere mentioned, all possibilities fall out.

Problems that prevent me from doing this (til now):
        1) You cant store the different items again in a DB
           --> work with pointers to the files
        2) Create a very fast search algorithm
        3) Delete the redundancy in the Index, only the real
           Information is needed
           --> Use of AI?

And all this with a really good mechanism so nobody sees the work
behind that.

> -- This is just a very rough idea that went to my head.... its not
> polished, can you guys comment on it?
> I mean is it totally stupid, inspiring (yeah, right!), or workable.

Because I really need this, I think this is a killer-app (at least for
me)! ;-)

Thomas

---
 EMail:    thomas.hedler@fen.baynet.de