Re: An Idea

Clayton L. Scott wrote:

> > PROJECT IDEA:
> > I have an idea for a project that I'd like to put before the
workshop.
> > A kind of Visual Shell.  If anyone is interested, please let me
know.  I
> > have done alot of preliminary research and design but need help with
the
> > user interface.  I'd like to make it portable to any toolkit and OS.

> This sounds interesting. Have you thought about using the Mozilla XPFE

> code as a base for this?
>
> I'm personally interested in a this shell so I could plug a few
modules
> in to make _my_ idea of what a PIM should be by including gnome-card,
an
> e-mail client, Gabby, think, etc. And be able to place them in frames
> etc, how I want them.
>
> My C and C++ skills are non-existant however I have the time and
skills
> to help with documentation, user interface development and web
> development.
>
> Clayton

Yeah, that was what I was thinking about, not only would it be the main
page
for the documentation information, but also house some personal
information
too!.... I mean, you could choose it to be an html front-end for your
e-mail,
news, addressbook, calendar/organizer. it'll be full of dynamic content,
or
it could just contain links to the programs that actually do the said
functions. so it'll be full of features for collating information on
your
system (as a user, not a sysadmin[ hmm, maybe even as a sysadmin, just
check
a box :) ]), from e-mail, to help.... and it should have a consistent
look
and feel even if you're just viewing an individual help item or topic...
so
everything should be fully integrated.