Re: [gnome-women] Gnome Women Logo Contest

বুধ, 2005-07-06 -র 17:30 +0930-এ, Clytie Siddall লিখেছিলেন:
Hi all,

> I like the first, because it's subtle, but we may want something more
> direct... and the second does that. I like it because it shows us as
> many individual parts of the project, and if you don't have your
> toes, you fall flat on your face, so that could be an interesting
> message. ;)

I dont know if this would make much sense. In India, a feet is somehow
considered a symbol of gender-based subjugation due to various cultural
practices for eg.women were not allowed to wear shoes or were made to
sit near the foot of men etc. which somehow might lead to the second
symbol to be a bit regressive in approach. perhaps this is a mental
block on my part due to the stereotypes one is exposed to in India, but
imho, it might not go down well with the handful of ladies here in India
who are at present still fighting to find their due respect in the Linux
world. this is strictly my opinion though.
regards
Runa

www.bengalinux.org
http://blogs.randomink.org/blog/29