Re: [gnome-women] Gnome Women Logo Contest

On 06/07/2005, at 4:15 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

These were my brainstorms of the same idea - so you can see how much you can get visually out of one idea :) Some of you guys may have seen these
already from the irc channel:

I was looking at Diana's, and trying to think what I would create (if I had one tiny spark of visual skill at all), then went to Máirín's page and there were my two ideas (done much better than I could imagine them).

I like the first, because it's subtle, but we may want something more direct... and the second does that. I like it because it shows us as many individual parts of the project, and if you don't have your toes, you fall flat on your face, so that could be an interesting message. ;)

The original idea (sorry, I've forgotten who said it), of a woman martial artist, kicking the Gnome foot straight at the viewer, is wonderful, but difficult to create. I tried interesting my graphics- mad daughter, but couldn't tear her away from yakking with her friends (online: we have to unplug her).