Re: Website - Pending Content Tasks

Hi All,

I've been following the thread and could throw some resources at
creating live media. Who should I contact?

Website action items below.

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
> I might recommend either removing the Installable part or changing the
> copy to talk about the Distributions page.  I think it's in a user's
> best interest to install a downstream distribution such as Ubuntu,
> Foresight or Fedora for example - installing the GNOME Live media will
> limit the user's ability to get 3rd party software such as GNOME-Do or
> Gwibber, etc etc.

Removed links for now, added the following:

"To install GNOME onto any computer or virtual machine, download one
of the GNU/Linux distributions listed on the Distributions Page. These
distributions will install GNOME as the default desktop, allowing you
to get started right away."

Maybe we should mention that many of these distros also offer live CDs
and can boot the OS without installing. Not sure if they load GNOME in
that config though.

> For VMWare and Virtualbox, I'd reverse the order for two reasons:
>
> 1) Alpahbetical
>
> 2) Virtualbox has an open source version and VMWare is closed source
> (I'm not trying to start a flame war here - and I do believe we need to
> link and talk about VMWare).
>
> Now that I think about it, I'd put QEMU and Parallels above the
> Virtualbox / VMWare section as well as QEMU and KVM are free software.

Done.

Regards,

Darton