Re: Website - Pending Content Tasks

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 00:44 -0500, Darton Williams wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> http://website-editors.gnome.org/download/images has seen quite a few
> changes. The descriptions/instructions for each file have been
> rewritten and styles have been added to highlight and separate them.
> The "Download:" headings make more sense when the word "download" is
> not repeated multiple times.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Best,
>
> dartonw

Hi Darton,

I might recommend either removing the Installable part or changing the
copy to talk about the Distributions page.  I think it's in a user's
best interest to install a downstream distribution such as Ubuntu,
Foresight or Fedora for example - installing the GNOME Live media will
limit the user's ability to get 3rd party software such as GNOME-Do or
Gwibber, etc etc.

For VMWare and Virtualbox, I'd reverse the order for two reasons:

1) Alpahbetical

2) Virtualbox has an open source version and VMWare is closed source
(I'm not trying to start a flame war here - and I do believe we need to
link and talk about VMWare).

Now that I think about it, I'd put QEMU and Parallels above the
Virtualbox / VMWare section as well as QEMU and KVM are free software.

I like the copy, especially the paragraph talking about BitTorrent.

Nicely done!

Paul