Re: GNOME.org update

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Andy Thornton <andy thornton gmail com> wrote:
One approach we have taken on our corporate site was to setup a "Content Change Log" where updates are flagged, so if a user updates a page, it flags it to everyone who has translated that page gets notification by email / rss feed that their copy needs updating.

I am not sure how easy that would be to implement in plone, but might be an option.

Andy Thornton
mobile: 404.932.7858

www.bohemianpixel.com | @bohemianpixel

Sigh, I don't mean to start off with such an apathetic view-point but Plone has all the ability to do everything stated. Ladies, Gentlemen, we've been through this many a time.

The problem is and has always been that we need some dedicated individuals to this process up until the initial release and they will need administrative access to install an update. Normally what happens is that we say we will pow-wow and then either have to wait for an administrator, not everyone shows up and/or we half-ass it because of the disorganization.

This is not a technical problem this is simply an issue of a group of us being dedicated enough and having the administrative resources at out finger tips so we can just finish this. Until then we will have this conversation. Over and over into perpetuity for no good reason.

Simply stated, and no offense to anyone but the idea that Wordpress is even an option for gnome.org going forward is ridiculous.

--
Christopher Warner
http://cwarner.kernelcode.com