Re: Next milestone - July 15 (Front page, About, Contact implemented)

--On Mittwoch, Juni 17, 2009 22:10:10 +0100 Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org>
wrote:

[...]

PENDING: CMS: Test website setup in GNOME servers
  Carsten, what's the status here? Alexandro sent a message reporting
some problems
  on the setup. Was this solved?

The important part is that Alexandro could install Zope and a wgo sandbox
on socket without any problems (except that he had to upgrade setuptools,
a python package that is used for installation stuff).

What is missing is
a) expose Zope to the public (configure a subdomain and setup a virtual
  host). I think Alexandro or someone from the sysadmin team is working
  on that.
b) the update script for the nightly cron job is missing. That's my part
  that I wanted to do today, but could not get down to it yet.

We've made an excelent job in this milestone! Thanks a lot everyone
for the hard work! Let's try to get the test website running by the
end of this week.

Me too, good work fellows.

[...]

- Content team: let's keep working on the content in the wiki during
most of this milestone. As I said, I want to avoid any
infrastructure-related distractions. By the end of this cycle, we can
start moving the content to the test website. Let's see.

That's a good approach.

- CMS team: did you have time to change the Plone content tree to
match the final content structure?

No, I worked on other things in the last days. I hope we can get a second,
not moving editing instance onto socket so I can do the work there.

- CMS and Design teams: good communication is essential to efficiently
get the new design implemented in Plone. Use the mailing list and irc
as much as you can!

At the end of this milestone, we should have the new design applied in
our Plone site, a nice front page, and the About and Contact sections
pretty much done. Let's make it happen!

Yeah, let's get crazy
(sorry, had to say that, just saw a strange
painting guy on tv;-)

..Carsten