Get Involved (was Re: 3 godfathers for 3 wgo sections)

On 5/6/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

OK. So I'll try to take get-involved if it's not claimed already.

It's yours. Get Started and About still need their godfather. Come on
guys, time pass quickly.

However, it's not at all clear to me what some of these sub-pages should
contain. I can't find much on the wiki either. For instance, the
Business and Public Sector sub-pags under Get Involved.

This is what mostly Joachim did: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/WgoGetInvolved

In my opinion you would find more clear answers to your questions if
someone would have listed the uses cases this section needs to solve
(probably I should have done this). These pages and the whole wgo
structure were generated based on the agreed use cases, that's why it
was decided to have Business or Public Sector. However, these pages
don't exist as such in the current wgo. If we don't have now good
content we can skip them.

If you are in charge of a section it is not that that you have a look at

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/UseCases
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/NewWgoStructure

Ideally the revamped wgo would offer answers to these use cases where
it makes sense to have them.

Also, some pages seem to be duplicates of the existing
foundation.gnome.org pages (such as the Foundation contact details and
the Get-Involved/Donate page. Do we plan to remove foundation.gnome.org
pages, or do we want to have the duplication?

Where are these Foundation contact details? URL please. There is an
About/Foundation page, which should explain broadly what is the
Foundation about and be a gateway to foundation.gnome.org

The Donate page in Get Involved substitutes
http://www.gnome.org/friends/ , which is not part of
foundation.gnome.org even if it's linked there. We can keep the link
in f.g.o updating the URL.

Keep asking all the details you need, please. Thanks for your work.