Re: [wgo] Products - product page

On 3/5/07, Simone Deponti <shywolf9982 gmail com> wrote:
> > TARGET (unique selection)
> > User
> > Sysadmin
> > Developer
>
> This is still missing.

Can't we use tags and a smart folder for that?

Of course.

You convinced with the argument below. We will do our best convincing
developers of the utility of GNOME Products and its DOAP feature.

> After thinking again, the products we are going to feature there will
> be supported by the last stable release, and this is probably all what
> we want to say. Field not needed.

Here I have to make a little digression. In the original view, the wgo
products section was just a "marketing" section, not much more than a
showcase. However, we are adding DOAP and many other things, and hence
ending up with a tool that can do much more.
I propose to use wgo products as both the central repository for much of the
data needed for the projects (as it was in the original plan) and both an
easy access to the user. This means that if a user needs to find GIMP for
windows, he doesn't have to go to the gimp site, where in the download
sections he is informed about the fact he has to visit another site, where
he has to navigate to the download section that, jeezus.

Compare that task with getting plone for windows.
So I suggest the wgo products to contain:
* Info about the project (what has been discussed above)
* A releases folder with all the releases and the links to the files to
download, already bundled and subdivided for platform, much like it is in
http://plone.org/products/plone

This has the benefit of creating a sort of central info repository (that
uses doap to export data for non-humans) that all the other sites can
"leech" and use as certified source.

Hope the concept was clear, because my mind is not... I need sleep.

Goodnight all

--
Simone Deponti
- Oh wait, which ones are we Linux guys again, Rebels or Empire?