Re: 3 men and a wgo release

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:20:51 +0300
"Quim Gil" <qgil gnome org> wrote:
[...]
> On 6/28/07, Ricky Zhou <ricky zhou gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > Do we have someone already to fix the CSS stylesheet?
> > I should definitely be available to help with that- however, I'd
> > probably need assistance in duplicating some of the pages locally so
> > that I can see CSS changes immediately.  I shouldn't have trouble
> > setting up Plone/gnometheme, but I'd need to make a few test pages
> > similar to what's up at http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/.

Speaking of which, I spent a long time cleaning up and getting rid of
large parts of the CSS from guadec.org. Please lets not create more
work for ourselves than necessary with bloated and repetitive style
sheets. CSS doesn't have to be complicated if you take a step back and
think carefully about what you're doing.

It would also be worth noting the analysis of the current test site from
the following url:

<http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/wso.php?url=http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/>

For anyone on a dial up connection, this site is going to take over a
minute to load the first page. The most alarming thing to me is that
there are 60 objects that need to be requested for the page, which
means 60 requests to the web server. Let's just hope we don't get any
high volume traffic.

I don't really want to file bug reports with ongoing targets, so
perhaps people could keep these things in mind while we're entering the
final stages of development.

Regards,

Thomas

p.s.  Obviously I would normally offer to help out aswell, but
at the moment I'm swamped with GUADEC organisation tasks. Hopefully
these comments are still useful!