Re: need help with gnome-projects gnome-products

Hi Quim,

if you search for "epiphany" in google you  get :
http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/

This is 100% marketing. I dont see any development there. Development is happening on LGO rather.What you are talking about sounds more like http://developer.gnome.org/ to me which should be moved to LGO (see http://live.gnome.org/Home)?

I don't think i did mix anything up - the question if we really want to have two pages for every application - so to keep this thread simple:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/ (shows of epiphany)
http://www.gnome.org/products/epiphany/ (shows of epiphany)

and not to forget:
http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany

Question is: Do we want something like sourceforge.net on WGO - and if yes which site will that be? Did you mean this is Projects page? Sourceforge always has many elements. Every project has some elements like a summary (maybe this is what projects should be?), Web site (products?) and more.

So maybe you are right and I am confused - but all project pages I know are very marekting orientated.

You say:

Each project is maintained by the teams, marketing doesn't do anything else than offer
support (if they want it). ... We can help to those willing to join the Plone platform, but we won push
anybody.

I would like to remind that we said the following:
"All the *.gnome.org subsites MUST have the same top navigation bar. This common navigation bar link subsites." (source: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Navigation )

Anyway. Please tell me what you expect the projects page to be. Should I concentrate to just move the content of the page to the CMS? Then this is a work that could be done in one day. Especially if we have a WYSWIG editor.

Regards,

Thilo
--
Thilo Pfennig