need help with gnome-projects gnome-products

Hi,
I have started to work out some plan for the projects (http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/ProjectsPages) as this was not started yet. I like to know how we will distinguish this. I would like to  know what the status  of the  Plone Software Center is and how the projects page shuld relate t the product page ( http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/GnomeProducts). my guess is this the Plone guys are working on the module?

I understand the structure like this:

 * Products (these are core GNOME applications, free software which are hosted all over the world)
 * Projects (so this can not be the same - I think this should rather be ONLY the applications that are hosted on WGO. If not I really see not much sense in two pages)

I also could imagine that one links other projects on this. As there are the different teams. But this could be mixed but with "Get involved"

What I really would find important for the future would be more streamlined project pages (software or not). What I am missing often are links to standard pages that should be on the same spot (that would be mailing lists, direct link to bugzilla, maybe news, screenshot,...).  Not sure if these  project pages have already been thought about or anybody works on this. If not maybe somebody would like to try to make a mockup based on what we have here http://www.gnome.org/projects/evince/ http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/ and the new design (w header)?

I have read again the threads about gnomefiles.org but I think this really does not help so much for our pages. I think GNOME itself is our main product/project - and everything else is a sub project - these are more or less far away from the GNOME core. What we should not do is to link away from GNOME.org in 1st or 2nd level of wgo. So rather have some standard pages for externaly hosted projects like Abiword and then link from these pages. I think the project pages itself do not need to be moved before GNOME 2.18

Another open question is if we should have a subdomain or not. My suggestion would be for now that we NOW just try to move every page in /projects to the new CMS. We can move them step by step with rewrites, so that all old projects will still be visible (thats how I would do it, but thats on the sysadmin team to decide)

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?

regards,

Thilo

BTW: I think maybe it would be better if web structure and GNOME releases would not be synced because my feeling is that expecially when a release is coming people tend to have less time, so maybe web restructuring would be better at half-time of a release. I am not a developer - thats just a guess. Personally I dont like different projects to have the same deadline.

--
Thilo Pfennig
http://wiki.foresightlinux.com/confluence/display/~vinci/