PloneSoftwareCenter roadmap

Hello all

A quick update on the status of PSC gnomifization (yeah, I know, I like to invent words of my own).

Currently, the doap-branch of PSC has a fairly working doap_feed template that tries to export PSC data into DOAP format: however, being based and synced with PSC trunk, suffers from all the problems that actually are seen in PSC trunk.
Actually the PSC "core" is complete and functional, but there are still issues with views and templates and sadly those errors are, how can I say, quite loud.
That's also why PSC is generally giving the impression of a badly broken product upon installation. The bugs aren't exactly terrible, and can be fixed in quite few time, the problem is that we should do this in trunk and not in doap-branch.

Actually the doap_feed has no multilingual implementation, it means it doesn't actually search for the canonical translation, use that as object and export the attributes with the xml:lang attribute.

For what concerns the attribute, I'll give you the DOAP vocabulary and the status of each export, plus my notes

name (implemented)
shortname (implemented)
homepage* (implemented)
old-homepage* (skipped, we have no such attribute in PSC and it didn't seem the case to me to go back in Zope's undo to get it if existed, not at this point anyway)
created (skipped too, I have a creation date, but doesn't really says me when the project was created (just the PSC entry) and PSC doesn't actually store the date creation project)
description (implemented with HTML strip)
shortdesc (implemented)
category (implemented, but I actually return the category as the $portal_url/by-category/$category. DOAP isn't much clear on what the category really is)
wiki (okay, I supposed here the doap drafter meant "generical documentation url")
bug-database (implemented)
screenshots (sorta implemented. DOAP wants me to give a screenshot folder, but PSC just allows you to put in ONE screenshot and marking it as that, so i return that)
mailing-list (implemented)
programming-language (I was going to use the comaptibility field that gives us the compatible Plone versions, but I deleted this. Ofcourse PSc supposes everything is done in Python ;))
os (implemented, currently in refactoring, but I have to dig down to downloadable file to get that information, then assemble the info. First brain damage of DOAP imho, cause we lose info about what versions support which os, eg 1.0 might support every os while 1.99beta only Linux)
license (implemented, currently in refactoring, same considerations of os)
download-page (not implemented)
download-mirror (not implemented)
repository (implemented)
release (not implemented)
maintainer (not implemented)
developer (not implemented)
documenter (not implemented)
translator (not implemented)
helper (not implemented)

I don't think it will take much and that by the start of next week I can have all the remaining attributes in the feed. Then we can merge it back into trunk and proceed fixing visual bugs and give it a gnome skin.

Regards

--
Simone Deponti
- Oh wait, which ones are we Linux guys again, Rebels or Empire?