Re: [wgo] Polishing navigation bars

Joachim wrote:

On 2/18/07, Quim Gil <qgil gnome org> wrote:
We still need to solve some issues relating to navigation.

Let's have http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/take-the-tour/ as a reference
to discuss.
(snip)

*** wgo secondary bar (the bar below the tabs)
- Fonts are also small (like happens generally in all the plone wgo),
they need to be bigger.

Like I said the other day, the font-size of 76% set on the body element needs to be increased or removed.

- Can we save some horizontal space between text and borders of each
item? This way we have a shorter bar, which will help making fit the
Take the Tour section in one line. Getting a second line i.e. in
800x600 is not that bad, I think. Better than forcing horizontal
scrolling, as many websites do.

It'll never fit at 800 with that many items.
I agree the are too many items for this to work, the tabs also need to be more defined, check Ubuntu website to see what sort of size and effect should be applied. Perhaps we should apply this approach http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/mairinduffy/wgo-sidenav.png.