Re: Gnome-Plone

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 18:57 -0500, Christopher Warner wrote:
> > Great. Thanks for the help.
> >
> > There are at least two more Plone people who I expect to introduce
> > themselves soon on this mailing list. When they've done that we should
> > be able to figure out more precisely what needs to be done and who would
> > like to do what.
> >
> > For now, I'd really appreciate it if you take a look at what we have in
> > svn and see if you understand what Ramon thinks needs to be done.
> >
> > You should also try to install it locally so you can take a look. I
> > haven't managed that yet myself.
> >

> I understand what Ramon thinks needs to be done there are a couple of
> gotchas here however in getting this all setup insatlled which would of
> probably been easier done the Zope3 way but I figure this was started
> with Zope2.
>
> Basically you can't use Python 2.5 to install any of this if you are
> trying and must you Python 2.4, you must also install PyOrbit for
> Python2.4 if you don't already have that. After that you can change the
> admin password by using parts/zope2/utilities/zpasswd.py -u admin -p
> blah access and copying this file into the parts/instance directory.
>
> I notice there is an AttributeError for portal_groups which is a little
> strange, I'm not going to waste time working through it until I ask a
> couple of questions. Is there an irc channel everyone hangs out in
> because I have questions and it'll just be quicker to run through a
> discussion that way.

There's #webhackers on irc.gnome.org, but you won't often find the right
people there at the time you need. I'd like to have as much as possible
on the mailing list so I can have a chance to see what's happening.
(even though I am clueless about Plone).

This is another reason why I'll be demanding that people use the
ChangeLogs when committing changes to svn.

>  Or a hitlist of things I should know about this
> install. In the meantime i'm gonna take this stuff and see how easy it
> would be to put into a Zope3/Plone3 environment with a self contained
> Python and all that.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

>  I'm a little slow as i'm recovering from some bone
> graft surgery but I'll try to getup to speed here.

Yikes.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com