Re: library.gnome.org index

Goran Rakic wrote:

> Well, I didn't have any feedback on design from anybody yet, but I do
> think it scales nice. What you would like to change besides going to
> jhbuild instead FTP?

Most of my mail was from frustration, such as changing from_release
to limit download to 2.18 and that not producing the intended effect;
such as waiting on a idle screen while the network was pounding on
something.

> Going the jhbuild path is not possible for three reasons: 1) we need to
> build docs for API references too, 2) disk usage as Olav noted and 3) we
> need to build docs for modules that are not part of any GNOME release

'jhbuild update meta-gnome-desktop' will just download and uncompress
all archives; the idea came out when I had to fix gftp.py:

-        cmd = ['tar', '--strip-components=1', '-C', dst, '-xzf', 'arc']
+        cmd = ['tar', '--strip-components=1', '-C', dst, '-xzf', arc]

it may not be the best idea but I was really frustrated by then :)

Anyway, I can now work on indexes without building everything so I am
happy the way it is.

        Frederic