Re: library.gnome.org status

Goran Rakic wrote:

> And about your idea of using output from xsltproc as input in another
> processing, I think that would be too expensive, witout any reason
> except list of languages. Everything else can be done in XSLT, just I
> don't know how to do it. :)

Can't you drop sth like lang.xml in /docitem/version/ that would be
created when you generate doc ?  And load it with AJAX ?

> The problem is that API references usually share same DOCITEM with user
> docs, so I decided to group them under api directory (see
> http://library.gnome.org/api/). I'm not sure that it is the best
> solution. Maybe we can put all developers docs at
> http://developer.gnome.org and keep only users and admins docs at
> http://library.gnome.org to avoid name collisions? What you and others
> think about that?

Developer documentation on library.gnome.org, current layout is not
perfect but works ok.

> [...]
>
> This is how I planned to do it, but never did. :) Are you interested to
> implement this functionality? Do you think there is a better way to
> organize things? Are infos inside docitem object enough and should map
> of localized title/abstract tuples be part of docitem object as well or
> every document should provide index.LANG.xml file?

I think I can do it (once I get a copy of the current directory
structure (or part of it since I am low on bandwidth and disk space);
this would also be raw HTML files which will be processed by a similar
XSLT as the other documents to provider header/footer, ?

> There is no way how you can build API documentation from Subversion
> checkout, without having full dependencies installed on server and
> running configure script and GNU make.

I know this :)  But I had forgotten that tarballs shipped with
generated documentation.

> Maybe we can have meeting on IRC (#docs on irc.gimp.org) at Sunday,
> April 22, starting at 18:00UTC? If you agree, be free to advertise it on
> http://live.gnome.org/DocumentationProject/DocTeamMeetings and p.g.o.

Fine by me; I'll do that.

        Frederic