Re: [wgo] GNOME Products

On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 10:57 +0100, Simon Rozet wrote:
> IMHO, for that sort of "non-ordinary" application, Plone will not fit.

Since speaking from the technical ignorance is almost free, let me draw
a possibility to see if it's feasible:

1. We create product pages (Evince, Tomboy, Evolution...) with Plone
using a specific template containing the fields agreed (title,
description, project URL etc). wgo editors and project developers can
create and edit these pages.

2. We find a Plone way to create the defined index pages, either using
http://plone.org/products/plonesoftwarecenter or something we hack.

3. We find a Plone way to export the content of the project pages in
DOAP format and make it available to the GNOME projects. We need to
think how to do this in combination with i18n.

> BTW, if we use Plone, I think I'll be forced to drop the goal since I don't know Plone

The requirements would be the same, it's only the implementation that
would be different. Goal coordinators take care of the planning, they
don't need to go necessarily through all the implementation. It would be
a pity to lose you, since you have invested a lot of time figuring out
of the GNOME Products should work.

I think it would be great that you stay no matter the technology we use
for the implementation.