Re: [wgo] Skin work

On 11/10/06, Máirín Duffy <duffy redhat com> wrote:
Second issue is the same as what Joachim brings up - we want people to
be able to jump to gnome.org from any part of the site, but each part of
the site also needs something to identify it right?

yes, exactly.
What comes beneath the general nav bar will be distinct for each site and will give it its identity.
In most cases, we're going to be shoehorning the general nav bar on top of an existing design, at least until subsites get round to a redesign, so it has to be just that one black horizontal bar.

For an example of how I think we could do this and still keep the new
branding style: http://www.taconicdsl.com/

See how the site's got its own logo/identify - it's the Taconic DSL
page, but the narrow top nav also has a link to the main taconic page?

yes, the logo is repeated.

The 'double-foot' problem is something we identified early on -- we want the gnome logo in the general bar, and each subsite wants its own logo -- usually a variation on the gnome foot. So we end up with the logo twice everywhere.

I had concerns about how it would look to have the big grey GNOME logo, and a little white foot in the black bar. But you're the designer -- if you think it's okay like that, then so do I :)