Re: Drupal as candidate to be challenged

En/na Claus Schwarm ha escrit:

> The main point: I18n/Localisation seems to be build in. For more
> explanations, see here:
>
> http://limb-project.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=336

What is the i18n functionality provided by LIMB that isn't provided by
Drupal? Have you found multilingual sites using LIMB so we can check?

However, I haven't seen any feature not offered by Drupal, about i18n or
the rest of features relevant to our website. They say you can develop
"scalable, extensible" websites, but they use phpBB for the forum,
DocuWiki for documentation, Track for bugtracking...

Nor I see LIMB to be easier to manage than Drupal (i.e. editing php
config files to manage locales instead of having a web interface). About
the demo, has nothing you can't do with Drupal. If you explain why you
found it impressive I can reply with more detail.

You can check a Drupal demo site at
http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=132 -
maybe what confuses you are the guadec and gnome test sites, that don't
show how a Drupal looks like in a fresh install.

Also important: it's developed by some people of a private company and
documentation is scarce. If we use it we would depend on them. We have
already an experience of using a piece of software developed by someone
that leaves the project unmaintained. They are not in
http://www.cmsmatrix.org/ , only a first version is found at
http://opensourcecms.com/ , even in Google is not easy to find opinions
and experiences using this CMS...

Really, I don't see it as an option.