Re: Drupal as candidate to be challenged

Hi, list!

I just stumbled across a potential alternative, so I thought I'd share
this with you.

The main point: I18n/Localisation seems to be build in. For more
explanations, see here:

http://limb-project.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=336

However, a few other short notes:

 * _All_ links seem to be of the format *site*/root/*to/the/page* which
   should be easy to redirected to *site*/*to/the/page*.html

 * The demo is rather impressive from my 'beginner-without-a-clue'
   point of view, see http://demo.limb-project.com/root

   I've just tested Drupal once, but this one looks easier.

 * Easy user and other stuff administration. For a complete feature
   list, see here: http://limb-project.com/root/features

 * It's build using a MVC pattern, and a seperate template engine:
   http://www.phpwact.org/

   Tweaking the layout to our needs shouldn't involve too many changes
   -- in fact, it should be rather easy.

The disadvantages (so far):

 * It seems to be a rather young project with its main developers from
   russia.

 * I didn't find the license yet but it's hosted on sourceforge.

Cheers,
Claus