Re: GNOME intro and 2.12 documentation

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 10:50 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
> http://gnome.org/learn/ says:
>
> This document is a quick introduction to GNOME
> http://gnome.org/learn/intro/2.2/
>
> Do we have a more recent version available? If this version is still
> applicable, what about placing it in http://gnome.org/learn/intro/ or
> /latest or something that doesn't confuse users?
>
> What is the status of the 2.12 documentation? The most recent docs are
> from 2.10.

Our documentation in general has been outdated
for well over a year now.  There's not much the
web team can do about that, unless they want to
double as tech writers.

The specific document "Introduction to GNOME",
is no longer maintained, and was dropped from
the release set in 2.6, I believe.  No current
pages should be referencing it in anything but
a historical context.

--
Shaun