Re: Our responsibility on regional sites

On 1/10/06, Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:
> Anything under gnome.org should have the same standards, not depending
> on language. If some part/language is not getting to the standards the
> developers responsible should be warned in some way (i.e. filing bugs).
> To do this we need defined developers for regional/language sites, as we
> have for other subsites and translation teams. If a regional/language
> site is abandoned it should be recovered or taken out of gnome.org.

Any future policy should take into account that we do not have
technical control over all regional/language sites, e.g.
www.gnome.COUNTRYCODE. We have quite a few of those as well, and with
those we simply cannot remove them from DNS when we are no longer
happy with them.
>From a user perspective, a www.gnome.COUNTRYCODE domain may very well
appear as official as www.gnome.org, so any policy needs to cover
those sites as well.