Re: Tasks

Hi every body ..

Deployment :

Finally we have a server dedicated for gnome 2Gbytes mem, 2 CPU ( PIII
) and SCSI HDD. It's using debian etch and I've deploied 1 zeo server
, 2 zope clients in front of it with a pound balancing the load
connected to a varnish and a apache. The test make 700
requests/second. I don't have the logs I've asked to estimate the
possible load but I hope that with 700 request/second we can hold
realease time load.  There is a third zope client in front of the zeo
server that is enabled for editing. It's using SSL.

The urls are :

http://gnome.jardigrec.eu ( the normal site )
http://edit.gnome.jardigrec.eu ( the edit site )

I've applied the products that are needed for the first release :

LinguaPlone
CMFEditions
iterate
CacheFu

-

Edit Users :

I'm going to create the users for : Joachim Noreiko, Sankarshan
Mukhopadhyay and Quim. They will belong to the group Editors that have
permisions to create content on /en/ folder So you can begin to write
some pages. I need the mail address for creating, then they will
recive a url to assign a password.

* The process for editing is accessing to 'en' folder and create the
content ( Page ) that you need. You can create also subfodlers (Folder)
* There is a folder at /images/ that is a BTreeFolder where you can
store all the images. The images are not behind LinguaPlone, so if you
want diferent images you need to upload with different names. Please ,
upload images that are on the resolution needed  ( if you need a image
of 75x75 don't unload a image of 3000x3000 )

Note : there is no member folder as I tried to deploy as simple as
possible.

Skining:

I've applied the last version of the skinning theme to the site. There
are some problems on forms and authoring css.

* buttons are not shown correctly

* margins, padding are not correctly inside the forms

About the green border, I think that we can use the default green bar :)

Portlets:

As I can identify there are this portlets on secondary pages:

* Realted links : We can use the related items from the Document
object to create a portlet showing this information and remove it on
document_view.pt

* Document structure : This we need to talk about. SomeThing like ..
showing a tree of the H1/H2... inside the document ?

MainPage :

As we can begin thinking about mainpage the idea is :

I will upload a product on svn that is call MainPage it's just a
simple product that enable creating one  type that is called mainpage
and it have it's own view template that uses it's own main_template.
Just to enable doing whatever we want.  With a nice Mockup of the
mainpage we can divide it and create inside the area from header to
footer whatever we want. For example, in the top left side we can have
a big image that is changing every x minutes, then some little banners
on the right top site ( like Boston submit .. ) Then the news .. in
the  left bottom site, .... I tried to see
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/PageStructure
but today is not working. Can anybody say exactly all the components
on mainpage ?

Ramon