[wgo] i18n && skin

(I have much no Plone experience yet, so the following is just a guess):
Since I already have some work, this should be a mostly copy/paste job
to somebody that's more experienced with Plone (which sadly, I am not).
Even without this, it'd probably be quick to write it up from scratch,
based on the the excellent documentation on the wiki.

Well, it's more or less what I'm doing. Although it's not exactly a copy paste job due to some peculiar characteristic of plone and how we chose to implement menus and all.
But that's mainly the idea. I used the display block and float approach for the navbar tho, since this seems to be the most common approach and in my opinion the one that gives the best result. As for the bottom grey border, I don't think that using a container div should be a problem at all, since it doesn't seem to me (but I might be wrong on that) that it breaks the semantic badly in any way.

Anyway, if you try installing plone and then the product gnometheme as it comes from the svn you should be able to see what i did, and give me some feedback. I'll add your images instead of my crappy ones asap.

And as for starting from scratch, that's simply unfeasible. It would be a huge task to recreate every css that plone has, and in the most part we will end up writing styles that are very similar to the original, so the "diff approach" is definitely the better.

As for your remarks about the apparently chaotic approach of the coding, I find it pretty normal. And I can assure you the HTML won't change dramatically, atleast for the parts that are already done (ofcourse, the content will change a lot, but we cannot write a skin that's content-optimized).

Greetings

--
<Ivyshaur> No, we've been informed that listening to Rammstein is the best way to learn German.
<mrPants> You learn it very quick