Press release is out

Hi,

Thanks to Tim for pointing out on pgo that http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-05-2005/0004160573&EDATE= the press release has gone out on OpenedHand, Imendio and Fluendo joining the GNOME Foundation advisory board.

It's a happy day.

Can someone on the web list add this to www.gnome.org/news, please? And perhaps write a page in the wiki explaining what needs to be done, so I don't bother you again? :)

Thanks,
Dave.

BOSTON, Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- The GNOME Foundation today announced three
new corporate members -- OpenedHand Ltd., Imendio AB and Fluendo S.L. These
young growing companies are eager to support the GNOME Desktop project and
become more deeply involved by joining GNOME's advisory board. Based in the
United Kingdom, Sweden and Spain, and specializing in different applications
of the GNOME platform, they reflect the diversity and optimism of the GNOME
community.
    "We strongly believe that GNOME technologies give advantages on today's
mobile and embedded platforms," said Matthew Allum, Director of OpenedHand.
"At OpenedHand we are both GNOME developers and users. That's why we are
excited to join the foundation and further support GNOME and broaden its
audience."
"The GNOME platform has always been a core part of our business, so it's
with great joy that we announce this partnership. Our developers have been
involved both professionally and personally in GNOME since the beginning of
the project. We see this as a great opportunity to also support GNOME
financially," said Mikael Hallendal, CEO of Imendio AB.
    "With GStreamer as GNOME's multimedia framework we were happy to be
invited to join the GNOME Foundation advisory board," said Julien Moutte, CEO of Fluendo. "Through collaboration with the GNOME and GStreamer communities we
hope to provide a first class multimedia experience for GNOME users."

    About OpenedHand Ltd
    OpenedHand has unique skills and experience in royalty-free mobile and
embedded open source software, ranging from low-level kernel development to
user interface work. OpenedHand develops open source software as well as
contributing to numerous free software communities including X.org,
Freedesktop.org, the Linux kernel, OpenEmbedded, GNOME, GTK and GPE.

     Media Enquiries:
     OpenedHand Ltd
     Matthew Allum
     Phone: +44 (0)208 676 4077
     Email: press openedhand com
     http://openedhand.com

    About Imendio AB
    Imendio is a small European company employing some of the world's most
experienced and talented GNOME and GTK+ developers. Imendio focuses on cross-
platform library and API development, targeting platforms ranging from
embedded devices to desktops. With extensive experience in GLib/GTK+ and
XMPP/Jabber, Imendio provides first class software development services.

     Media enquiries:
     Imendio AB
     John Laerum
     Tel. +46706960408
     press imendio com
     http://www.imendio.com

    About Fluendo S.L.
    Fluendo specializes in delivering products and consulting services
focusing on UNIX and GNU/Linux multimedia. Fluendo employs several of the main
developers of the GStreamer multimedia framework, which is quickly
establishing itself as the de-facto standard multimedia framework for
GNU/Linux and UNIX systems.

Fluendo's flagship product is the Flumotion streaming media server, which benefits from a unique and powerful distributed design. Fluendo leads the way
by combining best-of-breed systems from the Open Source world with a strong
team of highly knowledgeable software engineers and a management team with
extensive streaming media expertise.

     Media enquiries:
     Fluendo S.L.
     Christian Schaller
     Tel. +34 933175153
     contact fluendo com
     http://www.fluendo.com

    About GNOME and the GNOME Foundation
    Comprised of hundreds of volunteer developers and industry-leading
companies, the GNOME Foundation is an organization committed to supporting the
advancement of GNOME. GNOME is a free software desktop and development
environment for personal computers, workstations, networked servers and
portable Internet devices. Major leading software industry and computer
manufacturers support the GNOME development effort, which is led by a
worldwide community of volunteers.
The Foundation provides organizational, financial and legal support to the GNOME project and helps determine its vision and roadmap. More information on
GNOME is available at http://www.gnome.org /.
    NOTE:  Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. All other names and
trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
--
Dave Neary
bolsh gimp org