Re: Breaking www.gnome.org down a bit

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 12:54 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Curtis Hovey">
>
> > Wiki's good for me.  As there are external assets, like generated API
> > docs, we need to accommodate that.
>
> Little bit of explanation:
>
> I've been wondering how to handle developer.g.o after library.g.o, and it
> has been making more and more sense to turn it into an open wiki (you'll
> need to log in to make changes, but anyone can get a login). I was chatting
> to Glynn about it, to see what he thought. I reckon it'll be a really rad
> resource, and a great counterpoint to the crafted w.g.o and heavily
> structured l.g.o.

As a user, I love Wiki (all sites should let me 'edit this page').  I
have no experience setting it up, but I cannot image that to be a
problem.  I was actually thinking of setting one up for my family.

Typing faster than I think:

Wiki is boon to the projects.
News is much easier for Sri
release team will use it.

doc/api are shifted to l.g.o
developer interviews go to l.g.o

Architecture, dev tools, getting involved, and external resources go
where?  It's all very wiki content, but I suspect that belong to the
site rather than teams

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.