Re: Breaking www.gnome.org down a bit

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 19:39:37 -0400
Curtis Hovey <sinzui cox net> wrote:

> Doing the same for our software projects seams a natural progression.
> (I really must ignore my family and make the software map
> replacement.) We may want a software.gnome.org in the future, just as
> we have art. gnome.org now.  The projects pages may not be the same
> thing as the softwaremap replacement--we want the replacement to
> deliver a consistent brochure that is user-friendly, and can point
> developers to the project's home.

You may like to have a look at the homepage of

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/gnome-apps/

It may not be _exactly_ what was planned, it's also in a small
rewrite state right now, the content is partially incomplete or
misorganzied, and it misses DOAP and maybe RDS functionality,
but it's basically working.

Oh, and it misses "download links" but I haven't had time to figure out
the details of a slighty different implementation of LUAO.

Well, it looks at least a little bit like art.gnome.org  ;-)

If somebody is able to state clear requirements for the
software.gnome.org pages, or suggestions for improvement, or even GIMP
made mockup's, I'm sure the issue could be discussed more effectivly.

However, just a note.

Oh, and having homepages for a few more GNOME projects would be indeed a
nice thing to have. :-)

Claus