Re: GNOME 2.6 documentation for w.g.o/learn

On 31/03/04 22:11, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

Ok, I see the problem. The www.gnome.org apache is serving pages as
UTF-8 but the documentation has ISO-8859-1 chars, that's why you see the
question marks.

I'm sending a copy to gnome-web-list mailing list. Hey guys, What should
be used by default? UTF-8? any way to fix it easily? the old gnome
documentation has the same problem but I can only fix GNOME 2.4 and 2.6
documentation, I cannot change older versions. You can see an example of
the problem here: http://www.gnome.org/learn/users-guide/latest/
Probably the best solution is to remove the AddDefaultCharset directive completely. That way, web browsers should be able to detect the document charset (a charset specified in the Content-Type HTTP header will overide any <meta> elements in the <head> section).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/