Re: The "What is GNOME?" Answer

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 23:11, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Steve Hall">
> >
> > Millenia ago, I suggested the site be cloven in half: one side for users,
> > one side for developers. People looking for a technical explanation can
> > get it, everybody else gets image, images, and imagination.
>
> Whoa, dude, come on - this has nothing to do with the website!

Sure it does, we're trying to come up with the do-all, be-all
description for the mega-singular splash paragraph, and I'm saying it
can't be done because the audience is too broad.

We stop being technically descriptive of ourselves and we start
expressing the wild vitality that GNOME is.

At least I thought it was the same train.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]