Re: The "What is GNOME?" Answer

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 01:41, Claus Schwarm wrote:
> [snips strange unecessary blurb]

That was a loooooooong explanation. ;)

> "GNOME is a widely-used and successful combination of desktop enviroment
> 	and development platform, providing a flexible framework to simplify computer
> 	usage and the building of integrated and attractive applications."

Too technical... that is the terminology of a developer.

> "GNOME is a widely-used and successful combination of desktop enviroment
> 	and development platform, providing a flexible framework to simplify
> 	computer usage."

Still tries to hard to explain why it simplifies computer usage.  You'll
scare people off by applying terms like 'flexible framework' to them.

> "GNOME - To simplify computing."

Far too ambiguous.  Ergonomic mice simplify computing.  Secretaries
simplify computing.  Shouting at monitors simplifies computing.

We're trying to describe Gnome, not state it's purpose.

What is Gnome?  "GNOME - To simplify computing."

That doesn't work. ;)
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>