Re: Status and whats the staus?

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 07:18, Steve Hall wrote:
> From: "Jeff Waugh" <jdub perkypants org>
> >
> > Why are you so hung up on browser detection? It's not even a minor part of
> > putting all of this together.
>
> Because it's so critical to the templates I've already created! (I'll not
> reiterate; you're welcome.) Why else do you think I've been screaming about
> this? I do NOT want to start over. (But I will if the list agrees that it's
> the Right Way.)

/me is not sure how this discussion got this way...BUT

We will be doing browser detection and serving up some different CSS if
needed. However, I think Jeff is trying to say that we should leave out
the fancy pants stuff like the big overlapping foot in order to keep
these differences in the CSS to a minimum (e.g. avoiding the div vs
tables issue).

I agree with going for the simpler approach, but *only* if we find that
supporting NS 4.x becomes a pain. Once Jeff has the build system done,
we can then determine exactly how difficult this will be. Until then,
let's just patiently wait.

--

Steve Fox
IBM Linux Technology Center