Re: My first stab at the site

I don't think that we want the whole overhead of using the SourceForge engine. However i do think it would be a good idea to implement the trove software map
for the software listing stuff.

As far as news, I think we should stick with a basic weblog (slashdot/squishdot layout) with mimimal support user ratings/moderation. Something along the lines of Steves 3 levels
seems like a good idea to me.

This is basic enough we could either continue to use a canned project like squishdot, or create are own. I think we should stay away from having different news pages, there isn't enough gnome news
to need to divide it into sections for different users.
-joshua eichorn