A few selected thoughts....

Ok, I haven't been good about responding to things, so I'm going to try
and do it in one email.

1.  Adding a User section to the site structure
This seems to be the only serious qualm about the site structure that
I've suggested, which is good.  At least we can move forward on it once
we get this bit resolved.

I still would contend that "Community" is where we should put
user-oriented information.  It is a much friendlier term.  It also
suggests involvement.  I really want gnome.org to encourage
participation in the future of gnome as much as possible.  Including
users in the "community" seems like a subtle, but positive way to do
that.  Also, I would rather add a section later as we get more content
than have a pretty empty section from the get-go, if we really end up
with so much content that it doesn't make sense to have it all under
community.

2. "Interests" and things like that.
This seems like it would just be a links page.  The first thing that I
would say is: do we want a links page?  I would rather see relevant
links to outside sites appear in context.  I'm sure that we can
incorporate everything that one could want in an interests section in
the various sections that are relevant.

3. Combining comps
I'm afraid that beyond Joakim's deriving inspiration from previous
comps, combining comps is a not so good idea.  Why?  It will probably
end up looking like design by committee.  I'd rather us settle on a
design, and make tweaks as we see fit.  And this leads me into the next
topic...

4. CSS
I'd ideally like to use CSS for pretty much everyhing.  Of course, we're
going to have to support broken browsers, so I agree with Joakim's
thoughts on doing some browser detection for broken CSS support.  The
advantage is that we'll be able to do some pretty easy interface tweaks
if we find the need.  Divorcing style from structure as much as possible
is always a good thing.

I think that is pretty much it. ;-)

    --Ryan