Re: Translation of the new comp

When I made my comps, I didn't put images in because almost all gnome
art doesn't use images. It's mostly Tigert style art. I think the use of
images would be good, but someone looking at the gnome site for the
first time may wonder "what do mountains and trees have to do with
gnome?". Although it looks good, another choice of images might work
better. (linux world pictures, penguin ice sculptures, etc...)

As for combining the comps, that could work. My design could expand
(fill 100% of the browser width), with the use of images this would have
to change to a fixed width. This isn't a big deal to me, but I can't
speak for everyone else.

I'm done making new designs. I think we have several good designs
already and should either combine, or pick one. It seems that there is a
lot of talk right after a new design comes out, then things die down
after the excitement is over.

Joakim, if you want to work on a combined design, then let's find what
are the strong and weak parts of our designs. Then we can work something
out that people will be happy with. The the best version of my design is
probably (http://www.infovariant.com/mlee/g6.gif). I did an HTML version
of it with stylesheets, and I made one change to the logo area. (made it
so the top bar ends where the logo area begins)

I'll work on a list of weak and strong points.

Martin