Re: initial structure ideas

Hello Sai Kiran,

Once you wrote about "Re:initial structure ideas":
SK> 	* I guess nearly everybody on list will agree with me if I say
SK> ABSOLUTELY NO FRAMES PLEASE.

Agreed.  Frames are for loosers ;-) <j/k>

SK> 	* Atleast the first page has to be so designed that the visitor
SK> would'nt have to scroll down for any information. For example, in the
SK> current www.gnome.org site, the top logo occupies nearly 40 - 50% of the
SK> available screen space, which is not really advisable.

I don't think so... This is not the book we are trying to make, but a website.
Just think then why do you need those scrollbars in any browser? ;-)

SK> 	* Also, a decision has to be reached about the "depth" of the
SK> web-site. What is the maximum number of links a visitor would have to
SK> follow to reach the information he desires. This would have a direct
SK> impact on our web-site structure, links etc. Pages at lower levels (if
SK> the home page is assumed to be at the highest level of the tree), contain
SK> specific information and can be a lot bigger.

Don't try to limit the site in depth from the very beginning... it will grow
in the future anyway (hopefully) ;-).  The solution is - clear navigation,
plus of course the site map (love those) ;-)

--
 Best regards,
 Leonid Mamtchenkov